3-Ingredient Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Written by: Grace Burton, MS, RDN, LDN
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 hour
Makes: 8 servings
2 pounds pork tenderloin
1, 12 ounce can diet root beer
1 cup barbecue sauce (look for lowest sugar option at the store)
8 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker and pour root beer over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until pork shreds easily with a fork.
- Once cooked, drain and discard liquid.
- Shred pork and place back into the slow cooker.
- Toss with barbecue sauce
- Serve immediately or keep on warm setting in the slow cooker until ready to serve.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
Serving Size: 1/8 of meat + 1 bun
Calories: 292, Fat: 4.5g, Protein: 30g, Carbohydrates: 33g, Fiber: 4g, Sodium: 535mg
Pulled pork sandwiches are a classic favorite and this simple recipe makes for an easy weeknight meal. Pork tenderloin is a lean protein source and when served on a whole wheat bun with a vegetable side, you’ve got a well-balanced meal!