Chicken Sausage & Brussels Sprouts Foil Packets
Written by: Grace Burton, MS, RDN, LDN
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
4 chicken sausage links, sliced into ¾ inch pieces
1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
12 ounces butternut squash, peeled and diced in ¾ inch pieces (~3 cups)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 sprigs fresh thyme
Salt & pepper to taste
Non-stick aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, brussels sprouts, butternut squash, thyme, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the foil packets. Tear off 4-18” sheets of aluminum foil.
- Divide the sausage and vegetable mixture among the 4 packets, about 2 cups each. Make sure the food is centered on each foil sheet.
- Bring up the long sides of the foil, so the ends meet over the food.
- Double fold the ends, leaving room for heat to circulate inside.
- Double fold the short ends to seal the packet tight.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Serving Size: 1 foil packet
Calories: 282, Fat: 12g, Protein: 14g, Carbohydrates: 29g, Fiber: 6g, Sodium: 402mg
This perfect fall meal is a good source of protein, fiber, and nutrients. It is easy to make, and can even be made ahead of time for those busy weeknights. Place uncooked foil packets upright in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and just follow the same directions for oven temperature and bake time.