Power Green Muffins
Written by: Christopher Thompson, MS, RDN, LDN
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
2 cups rolled oats
2-3 cups baby spinach or mixed greens (add more depending on how green you want them)
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12-compartment muffin tin with liners.
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until batter has smooth consistency and color.
- Pour batter evenly into 12 muffin compartments.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes
- Enjoy! Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to a month
- Reheat in microwave for 15-20 seconds.
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Calories: 150, Fat: 7g, Protein: 3g, Carbohydrates: 21g, Fiber: 2g, Sodium: 13mg (more if salted)
Nutrition Tip: This is a wonderful daytime snack for anyone in the family and sneaks in extra greens! Try adding a half cup of shredded carrots or dried cranberries for more sweetness. These muffins are great for on-the-run snacks and can last up to a month in the freezer. Just heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and they’re ready to go!