Roasted Cauliflower with Tomatoes and Garlic
Written by: Doris Nicolas-Mir, MPH, RDN, LDN, CDE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Makes: 4 servings
2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
½ teaspoon salt, divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 medium head of cauliflower, 2¼ pounds
1/8 teaspoon paprika
¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and place oven rack in the middle position.
- Place the tomatoes and garlic in a large baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Toss all together to coat.
- Trim the green leaves from the cauliflower and discard, then trim the stem of the cauliflower so it sits flat. Push the tomatoes aside and place the cauliflower in the center of the dish. Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of oil over the cauliflower and rub to coat. Sprinkle with paprika and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Roast for about 60 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and can easily be pierced with a knife.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower with parsley then slice into wedges and serve with tomatoes and garlic.
Serving Size: ¼ wedge of the cauliflower and ¼ of the tomatoes
Calories: 161, Fat: 11g, Protein: 4g, Carbohydrates: 14g, Fiber: 5g, Sodium: 337mg
Autumn is a great time of the year to try some new cooked veggie recipes. Roasted vegetables make a tasty side dish that pair well with just about any protein. This cauliflower and tomatoes recipe can be made during the week as you can prep the rest of the meal while the veggies cook in the oven. Roasting the tomatoes brings out their natural sweetness and the red pepper adds a nice subtle kick. Enjoy!